You can't beat video based training as a tool to learn software and online services. A few weeks ago I announced my own course but this weekend I set out to learn more about the eBook publishing courses available from Lynda.com. I was surprised. Here are a few relevant courses I came across:
- Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUB
- Designing a Book Cover
- Word 2010: Styles in Depth
- Up and Running with iBooks Author
- Social Media Marketing with Facebook and Twitter
These are only five of the 27 publishing-oriented courses current available and this doesn't include courses on creating a WordPress or Joomla website, or the course on Designing a Book. In total, Lynda has 1,968 video training courses and 102,000 tutorials all available for $25/month or $250/year. That's a great value compared to other online video training programs that can cost 4x the Lynda monthly price for just a single course.
Unfortunately finding all the eBook oriented courses can take some time which is why I created the slideshow pasted below. I distilled the available courses into the three broad categories of:
- Create eBook files
- Market your eBooks
- Build your plaform
- The 2021 Guide to Amazon Fees and Royalties for Kindle eBooks and KDP Print
- Kindle eBook Royalties: 70% vs. 35% and 6 Essential Things You Need to Know
- How Much to Charge When Pricing a Self-Published Book to Sell on Amazon
- Should You Use Amazon KDP Select or Distribute Your Book Wide?
- Book Barcode Basics When Using Amazon or IngramSpark POD