What is an eBook aggregator, or third-party eBook distribution, and what do they do that differs from self distribution–when you have your own account with eBook stores like Amazon Kindle and Apple iBooks? By aggregator I am referring to companies like Bookbaby, ePubDirect or Smashwords.
In this four minute video I explain and illustrate the key differences and why you should care.
Here are two more articles about eBook distribution and the benefits of self distribution.
This video is one of 40 videos that comprise my Lynda.com Distributing and Marketing eBooks course. Here is a free 7-day pass to explore it further. (This is an affiliate link and I receive a small commission if you decide to subscribe.)
- The 2020 Guide to Amazon Fees and Royalties for Kindle eBooks and KDP Print
- Kindle eBook Royalties: 70% vs. 35% and 6 Essential Things You Need to Know
- How Much to Charge When Pricing a Self-Published Book to Sell on Amazon
- Amazon Book Review Policy Demystified for Authors
- Should You Use Amazon KDP Select or Distribute Your Book Wide?