AuthorImprints is different in 5 important ways.
1. Keep 100% of your royalties. There are only a handful of reasons why you might need to pay a middleman to sell your book. As your advocate, our goal is to help you avoid or limit those situations.
2. You own and control your brand, and accounts. Modern self-publishing is about removing the middleman between author and reader. It used to be difficult, if not impossible for self-published books to reach a majority of the reading public. Now its easy, as is establishing one’s own self-publishing imprint. A modest investment from the outset ensures lifetime control.
3. We never mark-up fees or inflate third-party costs. Books you purchase are purchased at cost. Shipping is the cost the shipper charges. Some services for self-publishers are free to anyone. When that’s the case we clearly tell you this in case you want to manage a process or task on your own. It isn’t lumped in with a package to hide the fact that it’s actually free.
4. You own your files. Not just a PDF, but the files used to create the PDF. If you think that’s a small matter, wait until you need to make a change to your book or create a second edition. If self-publishing is essentially work-for-hire, doesn’t it make sense that you should own the files that created your book? Read this for a fuller explanation about why source file ownership matters.
5. Buy only those services you need. No two books are alike, and author’s have different needs. We believe do-it-yourself can also mean do-some-of-it-yourself. Here are 5 things to watch for if you are considering Lulu, Outskirts Press, Author Solutions, or some other author services company.
For the author or business who is serious about publishing and looking for professional assistance, contact AuthorImprints or complete the form below.
If you do contact us, and we decide the fit is not right, we won’t keep hounding you. That might be difference Number 6.
About Author Solutions
Author Solutions publishes books under these imprints: AuthorHouse, iUniverse, Trafford Publishing, Xlibris, Palibrio and Booktango. Author Solutions also partners with other companies: Archway Publishing (Simon & Schuster), WestBow Press (Thomas Nelson), Balboa Press (Hay House), Inspiring Voices (Guideposts), Abbott Press (Writer’s Digest).
If you contact a traditional publisher, and they refer you to a publisher where you will pay to be published, this is probably a vanity or subsidy press.