Selling and Distributing Books
Distribution, selling direct, ISBN, LCCN/Library of Congress, barcodes, pricing.
How to calculate eBook delivery costs • How to calculate paperback manufacturing costs • How to calculate royalties and minimum selling prices • Examples and Resources
Is Advantage with $99 a year? • What do you get for your money? • Are there alternatives?
Two reasons to choose IngramSpark as your eBook aggregator • Downside: pays only a 40% royalty • Case study: why we chose IngramSpark
- IngramSpark vs KDP Print
- What about print quality?
- Should you use their free ISBN?
- Resources and related articles
- What is KDP Select?
- Is KDP Select worth it?
- What are the pros & cons?
- How does KDP Select work?
- Strategies and considerations
Personalize for $1 per book
- Thank someone by name
- Add a logo or graphic
- Name a corporate sponsor
- KDP Print ISBN options are the same as CreateSpace
- Why not the free ISBN?
- What about Expanded Distribution?
CreateSpace vs Amazon KDP Print
- Five key differences
- Update: CreateSpace was merged into KDP
- Pros and cons of selling direct to readers
- What to look for when considering tools
- Eight tools to consider
- Why we advise skipping pub date in KDP
- IngramSpark dates: On Sale vs. Publication Date>
- Advice from IngramSpark