Producing Print Books
Print book layout and design, CreateSpace, IngramSpark, POD, ARCs, covers.
- Two reasons to choose IngramSpark as your eBook aggregator
- Downside: pays only a 40% royalty
- Case study: why we chose IngramSpark
- IngramSpark vs KDP Print
- What about print quality?
- Should you use their free ISBN?
- Resources and related articles
- ARC timeline considerations and summary
- Preparing files before submitting to KDP
- Using KDP (formerly CreateSpace) to print advance reader copies
- What is an imprint
- Why create a self-publishing imprint logo
- Tips and tools for designing a logo
- Examples of AuthorImprint client logos
- KDP Print ISBN options are the same as CreateSpace
- Why not the free ISBN?
- What about Expanded Distribution?
Personalize for $1 per book
- Thank someone by name
- Add a logo or graphic
- Name a corporate sponsor
- Why updating previous books is important
- To keep your book’s reviews, avoid these mistakes
- Four changes that require a new ISBN
- How to link to your book’s Amazon review page
CreateSpace vs Amazon KDP Print
- Five key differences
- Update: CreateSpace was merged into KDP
- Six things an author can do to speed up the publishing process
- A 20-item check list for faster book production
- Includes cross-reference links to additional help
Three secrets for maximizing success:
- Write a detailed design brief with compelling headline
- You are the art director
- Prepare to actively manage the process