We are specialists in using Amazon publishing services—CreateSpace, Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), Amazon Advantage, Amazon Associates, AuthorCentral, Goodreads—to produce and sell print books and Kindle eBooks on Amazon.
Amazon's publishing services are self-service; there is no charge to use them! So how is AuthorImprints different? Here is how we help new and experienced indie publishers use Amazon's 7 most popular programs:
1. CreateSpace for POD books
- We design and format your book using InDesign, the industry standard for professional book layout. You can use a Microsoft Word template from CreateSpace, but it will look like, well, you produced your book using MS Word! The books we design are indistinguishable from books designed by major publishers. And best of all, you will have input into the design.
- We review and prepare your front and back matter to meet book publishing best practices: copyright page, sequence and location.
- We consult with you about ISBNs, LCCN, barcode, copyright, pricing and the pros and cons of different book dimensions and paper types.
- Finally, we optimize your metadata to maximize results in the Amazon store. We recommend the specific category and keywords most likely to help you reach your goals.
2. Kindle (KDP) eBook publishing
We design and program your Kindle eBook, not just convert it. If “conversion” is all you are after you can try it yourself using Calibre, Jutoh, KDP's built-in conversion tool, or have Amazon convert your CreateSpace print book to Kindle.
But if you want to sell your eBook in non-Amazon stores, and have more control, check out the benefits of working with AuthorImprints:
- We always produce an EPUB file, in addition to the Kindle (Mobi) file. EPUB is used by all other stores such as iBooks and Nook. You do not get an EPUB file if you use CreateSpace or KDP to produce your Kindle file.
- We validate and test both files. EPUB is especially tricky and stores like Apple's will not distribute your eBook if it does not validate. We guarantee validation by the stores or your money back.
- We test your eBook on a wide range of devices, not just Kindle apps.
- If your book has fill-in or multimedia content, we help you integrate your eBook with your website.
- As with our CreateSpace service, we consult with you about the publishing process every step of the way. ISBN, or not. Pricing, DRM, front and back matter.
3. Amazon Advantage
- To offer a book for pre-sale weeks before the release date.
- To sell books printed in a traditional print run.
- To make a book eligible for Prime shipping.
- To optimize metadata better than a distribution service can offer.
- To coordinate sales with other distributors, such as Ingram.
4. Amazon AuthorCentral
AuthorCental connects authors to readers during the shopping process. We have helped scored of authors maximize their use of this important tool.
- Setup for US and UK shoppers, and when relevant, profiles for French, German and Japanese stores.
- Integration with other author-marketing tools such as a blog, videos, photos and a Twitter account.
- Connect books and editions.
- Establishing AuthorCentral profiles for new authors prior to a book release.
- AuthorCentral management for authors more interested in writing, than acquiring new technical skills.
5. KDP Select
We help our clients understand whether this Kindle promotion tool is right for them, and how to use it if it is. Strategies we help you consider include:
- Book pricing.
- Free Book Promotion vs. Kindle Countdown Deal
- Advertising on Amazon.com
- Coordination with non-Amazon promotion options
- Royalty and payout matters.
6. Amazon Associates
- Program setup and implementation.
- How to use it to monitor visitor activity.
- When and where to use it.
- Short link programming.
- Astore setup and programming.
(*Amazon does not off this program in all states.)
- Establish and format your author profile.
- Integrate with other marketing tools such as your blog, Twitter, and Amazon.
- Setup and run a Goodreads Giveaway program.
- Setup and manage Goodreads advertising.
- Identify and solicit book reviewers for new books.
AuthorImprints services are not endorsed by Amazon.com or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. Amazon.com, Kindle, CreateSpace, Advantage, AuthorCentral, Associates, Goodreads and KDP Select are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.