We help authors and businesses publish books and metadata
AuthorImprints is an award-winning, professional independent publishing services company. We have helped more than a hundred authors, businesses and other organizations launch independent publishing imprints which, in turn, has resulted in the successful publication of more than 250 books, and counting…
Here’s how we differ from other self-publishing services firms:
- Your book is published under the name of your imprint. That means you never have to abandon your hard-earned reader reviews and your book can be printed at any printer.
- The fees you pay include the publishing files we create to produce your book. Our print books are professionally designed using Adobe® InDesign® and you may request the files at any time for use in any way. There are no hidden charges or transfer fees. (Read here why this is important.)
- We produce eBooks in Kindle (mobi) and EPUB formats. Your EPUB file is guaranteed to pass the Apple iBooks validation test. We do not use Calibre.
- We take no royalties or commissions. All accounts are established in your name and payments are made directly to you by the retailer or distributor.
- You always purchase print books at cost; there is no mark-up or extra fees beyond what the printer charges.
Independent publishing is a team effort
The publishing steps between writing and the virtual book shelf are varied and complex: print book design, eBook programming, cover design, editing, indexing, distribution to bookstores, online metadata selection and optimization, book registration, timelines, pricing, budgeting.
We provide as many or as few of these services as you require—but never as a package.
Above all, it’s about positioning your book for long-term success. This translates into improving sales opportunities now, while protecting your investment for the long-term.
“David Wogahn led me through the labyrinth of self-publishing.” —Lee Van Ham, founder of the OneEarth Project and author, Blinded by Progress
Yes, you need a well-written book that is professionally edited, and designed. But self-publishing is different than traditional publishing in 3 important ways.
That’s where we can help you.
- We are specialists in the book and eBook distribution methods and options available to new and small publishers: IngramSpark and all of Amazon’s book service publishing services, most especially CreateSpace, KDP and Advantage.
- Selling online is all about optimizing book and author information (metadata) for search engines. Our SEO for books expertise includes selecting optimal selling categories, keyword selection, and ensuring social media, website and online bookstore metadata are mutually supportive.
- Our founder has literally written the book about how to navigate the labyrinth of book metadata and registration options for self-published books—ISBNs, barcodes, copyright and Library of Congress registration. Remember, this is the starting point for ensuring success for any publishing venture.
“David took our book publishing venture from a standing start to 25 books in one year. Under his guidance we established an imprint, defined a publishing strategy, and created a production process that we continue to follow today. If you are thinking of launching a new publishing venture, I suggest you call David.” —Jim Holman, Publisher, San Diego Reader
Our founder, David Wogahn
David Wogahn is a 30-year veteran of publishing. He is the Lynda.com author of Distributing and Marketing eBooks and his second book, Register Your Book: The Essential Guide to ISBNs, Barcodes, Copyright and LCCNs was published by PartnerPress in March, 2016. AuthorImprints is a service of Sellbox, Inc.
Prior to founding Sellbox in 2002, Wogahn was vice president of multimedia publishing at Times Mirror, former parent of the Los Angeles Times. He also worked for the 1984 Los Angeles Olympic Organizing Committee and co-founded the first online publisher of sports team branded websites, known today as the CBS College Sports Network.
Visit DavidWogahn.com for additional information including consulting services, courses, and his personal blog.
For more information about the origin of AuthorImprints, click here to read the backstory.
AuthorImprints is based in Carlsbad, California and employs a team of highly skilled professionals.
“My suggested formula for success: Step 1, buy David’s book. Step 2, hire AuthorImprints. Maybe you can do it on your own but you’ll probably miss opportunities.” —Matt Czuchry, SAG Award® nominated actor from The Good Wife, co-author of Brothers On Life
“The first word that comes to mind when I think about AuthorImprints is trust. I know that I can turn my projects over to them and they will always keep my best interests at heart, they will never over-charge, cut corners, or produce anything less than top quality. The result is that I can dedicate my time to my writing, without worrying about how things are getting done. I have come to depend on David as a source for ideas about how to expand my reach, for insights into my business, and as a strategic thinker to help keep my brand growing and meeting my needs, as well as the needs of my readers. I cannot recommend this company highly enough.” —Shannon Hayes; radical homemaker, farmer, author, publisher